Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11



One.
Yesterday, one of my heroes, Conan O'Brien, did a surprise rockabilly concert at Third Man Records, Jack White's store here in Nashville. I'm unbelievably lucky to have been on the front row of this once in a lifetime chance. And the Conan picture featured in my March 13th post? Conan actually took it from my hand and showed it to the audience before signing it and returning it to me. What a day, what a day.
Read more about the event here.


















Conan already spreading the love as he arrives at Third Man.
















Jack White threw water bottles off the roof to the fans waiting in line to get in.


















My locally created Conan painting, post autograph.


Two.
Earlier this week, I was able to be on set at the Country Weekly Fashion Show/Concert Fundraiser. (I'm doing the editing for a piece by Goldsounds Entertainment). Whitney Duncan, who acted in the video, modeled on the runway, and performed for the crowd, really caught my attention with her friendliness, stage presence, and most of all amazing voice. Country fans, check her out at her website, http://www.whitneyduncan.com/




















Three. 
"Everyone knows what their roots are, but you've got to explore everywhere. You've got to explore the sky, too." - Mick Jagger. 
Four.
No introduction here, just my favorite Ellen Degeneres of all time. Oh, Gladys.
Watch by clicking HERE. 


Five.
Dan Addington is an incredible artist, who I learned of through Rymer Gallery Nashville. "My paintings often include combinations of anatomical imagery, memorial sculpture, romantic symbolism, and religious iconography", he states on the gallery's website. "Through a mixed use of painterly languages, these works explore a sense of loss, and address mankind's desire to locate spiritual meaning." You can view more his breathtaking works by clicking HERE.



Six. 
I know many of you have probably already seen this, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to watch it again. This little girl is adorable! I think we could all give this a try every now and then too...
Watch the video by clicking HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment