Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12

One.
Brian Berg holds the world record for the tallest freestanding house of playing cards. He first set it in 1992 when he was seventeen, and has broken his own record 10 times now. His latest structure is over 25 feet tall! Learn more at his website.


















Two.
Monday night I was eating at Nuvo Burrito and saw a music video of The Smiths come on the television. Realizing I love The Smiths but have never seen ANY of their videos, I went home to check out some more. Here's one to try on: (Click here to watch the "Panic" video).


















Three.
Quote for the day:
"Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet." - Roger Miller



















Photo courtesy of Ffffound.


Four.
Carole King is playing the Ryman in Nashville in May, and it's taking just about all my willpower not to buy tickets. I'll probably end up giving in and being happy that I did. Listen for free here! (My personal favorite, Natural Woman).


















Five.
Newest addition to my room is this adorable picture frame I found at a local vintage shop, Local Honey. I love the combinations of the constellations and the animals, and the colors help brighten the corner, too.












Six.
If you love photo editing but don't know much about it yet, you will love this free online editor. Picnik allow you to adjust basic settings, apply pre-programmed effects, add text, stamps, and borders to your photos. It's wonderful when you're in a rush or just looking for an easy way to spice up your pictures. Go give it a whirl at www.Picnik.com



1 comment: