Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13

One.
Eagle vs. Shark. Jemaine Clement (from Flight of the Conchords) stars in this awkward, yet endearing, love story from New Zealand. Boy meets girl at a "Dress Like Your Favorite Animal" party (hence the title) and begin the most uncomfortable-to-watch relationship to date. Dead pan humor fans, you will be pleased.














Two.
One of my favorite things about moving to Nashville has been all of the shows going on constantly. I'm up to my ears in new music, which is not a complaint by any means. One of my favorite performances lately was Nashville's Natalie Prass. Check out her EP and other music here: http://www.myspace.com/natalieprass (photo courtesy of her myspace)














Three.
Yesterday I got a surprise that made my day. If you're unaware, I am a huge Conan O'brien fan. The Belcourt Theater recently hosted a lot of hand drawn prints for sale, and a special somebody picked this one up for me. It's titled "Conan is Angry At You". And Conan now lives on my dresser.














Four.
Happy birthday Jack Kerouac! (1922).


"I hope it is true that a man can die and yet not only live in others but give them life, and not only life, but that great consciousness of life."


"My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them."


"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww'."




















Five.
Dick Waterman has been has been photographing music legends for over 45 years. He recently turned the Bluebird Cafe into a gallery for the day promoting his book, "Between Midnight Day." Listening to him tell his stories behind the photographs, he felt like an old friend or grandfather that made you want to spend all day listening to. You can see his photographs and learn more about him on his website here: http://www.dickwaterman.com/ (photos from website)


Bonnie Raitt, 1969










Chuck Berry, 1965












Bob Dylan, 1965











Six.
I know it's not quite summer yet, but it's close enough to start pretending. This watermelon cake is delicious and looks so cute! My friend, Emily, and I used to make them alot, and never got tired of them at all. Careful with the jelly beans though, if you use a creamier icing they'll slide down and make a mess. Green sprinkles are a good alternative. Here is the recipe from Razzle Dazzle Recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment